There’s no question that music speaks to us – it possesses a great power to capture our attention, stir up emotions, and inspire beauty. There are certainly misuses of the gift of music as well. The band His Own address that.
Just look at the distortion of the fallen angels from heaven. We’ve all heard music that evokes anger or intends to fill us with fear, or even arouse sexual feelings (movie soundtracks). Yet banning rock music and dancing, as was done in popular 1980’s movie Footloose is certainly not a proper response.
Singer and pianist Maria Spears joins me on this first episode of The Dignity of Women podcast, explaining the ministry of her band His Own, and how they use music to inspire women with the truth that they are infinitely loved and worth so much more than the culture is selling.
His Own was formed by three friends who wanted to combine their love for Jesus, passion for music and desire to proclaim the joy of the feminine heart. In a world where women are exploited, misused, and misguided, we desire that our music and ministry will inspire women to come before the Lord as they are, to encounter His unique love for them, and to be reminded of the eternal measure of their feminine dignity and worth.”
- Addressing the greatest unfulfilled longing of the modern woman’s heart
- What is the feminine genius – what makes us unique as women
- Battle against perfection and the perfect body image
- Need for authentic masculinity and femininity
- How can women set the bar for men and society
- How do you teach a woman that she doesn’t need to earn love
Links and Resources
- 40-Day Devotional for Single Catholic Women
- Life is Worth Living by Archbishop Fulton Sheen
“When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.”
More Ways to Listen
You may also enjoy:
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.