Fiorella Nash is one of the leading modern Catholic feminist voices in the Church today. As I read through her recent book, The Abolition of Woman: How Radical Feminism is Betraying Women, I was overwhelmed by her mastery of the work – her vast research into feminism, the abortion industry, the fertility industry, and gendercide issues.
Fiorella’s faith and understanding of human nature, social responsibility, and inviolable human rights clearly determine her pro-life convictions. I challenged Fiorella on how feminism can possibly reconcile with the pro-life stance, and what is left, if anything to “reclaim” of the feminism of ages past!
Author and bioethicist Fiorella Nash joins me on The Dignity of Women podcast. Fiorella is a writer and bioethicist in the United Kingdom with over ten years’ experience researching life issues from a feminist perspective.
She speaks often at international conferences and has appeared on radio and in print discussing abortion, gendercide, maternal health and commercial surrogacy. She is also an award-winning novelist and has published numerous books under the nom-de-plume Fiorella De Maria, including Poor Banished Children, Do No Harm, and We’ll Never Tell Them.
Whilst women in some parts of the world were struggling with the spectre of honour killings and child marriage, female members of staff railed against any use of the word “man” in the liturgy and talked about men as though they had nothing better to do than concoct wicked plots against female emancipation.”
- Fiorella’s new book, The Abolition of Woman: How Radical Feminism is Betraying Women
- What is a feminist and how is feminism different from human rights?
- Some forms of feminism fall between victimhood, thuggery, with doses of racism and neo-colonialism.
- Woman’s right to choose has become a central point in feminist dogma.
- “When does human life really begin to matter?” – Ann Furedi
- Distinction of language and abortion industry reinforces misogynistic stereotypes.
- Social responsibility, legal restrictions, and the self-fulfilling lie.
- Fertility Industry’s denigration of women.
- Poverty and Gendercide.
- Loss, Infertility, Abortion (sex-selective abortions).
- Human rights are inalienable and inviolable.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- The Abolition of Woman
- Articles by Fiorella – The Catholic World Report
- Poor Banished Children
- We’ll Never Tell Them
- Do No Harm
- The Vanishing Woman: A Father Gabriel Mystery
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
You may also enjoy:
It was my first time in Rome, and I was overwhelmed by the beautiful marvels of the Italian culture. I wanted to drink in every drop of Italy's timeless charm and rich history - the sites, the churches, the fountains and steps, the sacred art, relics and the peaceful...
My Dark Night I knew this moment would come sooner or later, but had hoped for the latter. As he knelt to propose, I couldn’t listen to a word he was saying – and not because of the sheer joy the moment should have elicited, but rather because I had become consumed...
Heave a sigh all you weary people of God! Advent is the first moment of the new liturgical year, and it is a time to cast aside the worries of the world and to focus on what really matters - our eternal life! Luke records a very bleak and scary image of the end times,...